Layout

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Playroom Alphabet Wall

A few years ago, I tore out a page from a Pottery Barn Kids catalog and filed it in my old school "house decor" binder (you know, pre-Pinterest, pre-blog, pre-anything-online!)  It was this photo, which is circulating the web:


Whether that was the original alphabet wall or not, it was original to me and I loved it!

I held onto that picture and knew that at some point, I would have a place to make this a reality.

Enter my playroom.

Considering the fact that I have both girls and a boy, I needed a gender neutral playroom.  For three years, I knew what I wanted to do on this wall, but I just could NOT get the OOMPH to actually do it.  Until now. And, I'm proud to say that after seeing a few variations (below), it only took me a few weeks to turn this little inspiration into a reality!

Here is MY version:



Half of my letters are painted, half were purchased as they are.  I am thrilled with the results and glad that I waited until I knew when it was the perfect time to do this, versus just settling on something to fill up the space.  Yes, I did also add the bunting (about 30 feet of it in total!), so that adds something because we have REALLY tall ceilings in this room... but I think the letter wall fills up the focal space well.

Here are the photos I found on pinterest that gave me the much needed kick in the rear to get this project going....



I pinned.... here's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment