Layout

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Superfamily!

My son, Big A, is REALLY into superheros right now.

He can recite ALL of the words to all of the I Can Read superhero books, he LOVES assuming superpower roles and saving us girls from imaginary bad guys, he is a true Superhero.

So for Father's Day, I figured a perfect gift for our Superhero Daddy, who works hard tirelessly for our family, provides for us to live in this beautiful home, coaches soccer practice, takes me on dates, wrestles with Big A, rocks Little A to sleep... would be a Superhero Family.

This was my inspiration picture...



And this is my reality...



Meet: SuperDaddy, SuperMom, Wonder Cheetah, Batman and SuperLittleA!

I used a piece of scrap wood as their platform, spraypainted it red and then hot glued the painted superhero's to it.  All of the materials can be found at any craft store.  It stands about 3" tall - no more.  The kids painted these themselves, all except for LittleA... she's just TOO little.  :)

SuperDaddy was very surprised and now this little family sits on my windowsill so I can see them everytime I wash dishes... and I think of the sweet rainy day we spent painting these guys and how much I LOVE this Superhero stage that my Big A is into right now.

I pinned.... here's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment